Congratulations to all the nominees for the Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts Awards & see you at the ceremony tonight!
- Elope Musical Theatre presents Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street at the Westbury Theatre in the ATB Financial Arts Barns May 4 – 13.
- Northern Light Theatre’s Bonnie & Clyde: the Two Person, Six Gun Musical runs at the PCL Studio May 4 – 21. Stay tuned to After the House Lights for a preview with Director Trevor Schmidt.
- This month’s edition of Script Salon is May 7 at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, featuring a reading of Velvet Revolution by David van Belle. Doors are at 7:00 and the reading starts at 7:30.
- Farren Timoteo’s Made In Italy cabaret is at the Citadel until May 7.
- Chris Craddock’s adaptation of Miriam Toews’ novel Irma Voth is last in Theatre Network’s 2017 mainstage series. Irma Voth runs until May 7. I had a chance to see it early in the run, and posted my thoughts here.
- Tom Woods’ adaptation of Jane Austen’s Sense & Sensibility runs April 22 – May 14 at the Citadel Theatre.
- Shadow Theatre closes out their season with Art by Yasmina Reza April 26 – May 14.
- Walterdale Theatre is hosting a workshop on lighting with Kevin Humphrey (who spent over a decade touring the world with Ronnie Burkett Theatre of Marionettes as his designer and Director of Lighting) on June 3. The cost is $25 or free for Walterdale members.
- The latest production from The Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Theatre Program, Sense & Sensibility is still on the Citadel’s stage, but they’re also accepting applications for next year’s programs until May 12:
- I don’t know about you, but I’m getting excited for summer festivals! Vue Weekly did a write-up on the Found Fest/Next Fest collaboration on an Artist in Residence program.
- Check out the public art approved for 2017 – there are some really beautiful pieces planned for our public spaces this year.
See & do
- Tickets for Broadway Across Canada’s The Phantom of the Opera (July 26 – August 6 at the Jubilee Auditorium) went on sale this past weekend.
- Northern Light Theatre has been busy!