Daryl Cloran’s enthusiasm is contagious. Daryl, who joined the Citadel Theatre last year as the new Artistic Director, announced the Citadel Theatre’s upcoming 2017/2018 season tonight to much excitement amongst the audience. It’s clear Daryl’s vision for the Citadel Theatre is one that is edgy, closely connected to the community, and inclusive.
I live tweeted the announcement tonight – here’s the Storify (excuse the spelling mistakes!):
Want more? Here are some links for each of the shows that are part of the Citadel Theatre’s 2017/2018 season:
- Shakespeare in Love by Lee Hall, adapted from the film of the same title
- Ubuntu (The Cape Town Project) by Daryl Cloran, Mbulelo Grootboom, Deborah Hay, David Jansen, Holly Lewis, Michelle Monteith, and Andile Nebulane
- Hadestown by Anaïs Mitchell, developed with and directed by Rachel Chavkin
- A Christmas Carol by Tom Wood
- The Humans by Stephen Karam
- Empire of the Son by Tetsuro Shigematsu
- Children of God by Corey Payette
- The Silver Arrow: The Untold Story of Robin Hood by Mieko Ouchi (The 2017/2018 Citadel/Banff Professional Theatre Program production)
At the season announcement, Daryl hinted at much more to come as part of the 2017/2018 season, including the Beyond the Stage series, new play development, and partnerships with other theatre companies.
There are 2 comments
[…] the Citadel Theatre‘s 2017/2018 season launch announcement, new Artistic Director Daryl Cloran revealed his vision for the Citadel as a theatre that is edgy, […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] it impossible not to be excited about the theatre magic that follows him. This past theatre season (2017/2018 – tell me I’m not the only one still listening to the Hadestown soundtrack!) was the […]