Daryl Cloran’s enthusiasm is contagious. Daryl, who joined the Citadel Theatre last year as the new Artistic Director, announced the Citadel Theatre’s upcoming 2017/2018 season tonight to much excitement amongst the audience. It’s clear Daryl’s vision for the Citadel Theatre is one that is edgy, closely connected to the community, and inclusive.
- Shakespeare in Love by Lee Hall, adapted from the film of the same title
- Ubuntu (The Cape Town Project) by Daryl Cloran, Mbulelo Grootboom, Deborah Hay, David Jansen, Holly Lewis, Michelle Monteith, and Andile Nebulane
- Hadestown by Anaïs Mitchell, developed with and directed by Rachel Chavkin
- A Christmas Carol by Tom Wood
- The Humans by Stephen Karam
- Empire of the Son by Tetsuro Shigematsu
- Children of God by Corey Payette
- The Silver Arrow: The Untold Story of Robin Hood by Mieko Ouchi (The 2017/2018 Citadel/Banff Professional Theatre Program production)
At the season announcement, Daryl hinted at much more to come as part of the 2017/2018 season, including the Beyond the Stage series, new play development, and partnerships with other theatre companies.