Wow – SkirtOberfest (SkirtsAfire herArts Festival‘s fall fundraiser) was this past weekend and was a ton of fun! Thanks so much to everyone who came out in support of the festival and women in the arts.
- Opening this week:
- Season 26 of Die Nasty: The Live Improvised Soap Opera kicks off at the Varscona tonight, October 24!
- L’Unithéâtre’s season opener, Perception, opens October 26 and runs until November 5.
- Northern Light Theatre’s season also opens this week with Sister, Sister – running October 28 – November 5, with a preview performance on October 27.
- Closing this week:
- Edmonton Opera’s Turandot closes October 27.
- Looking for a fun & artsy way to celebrate Halloween? Check out Toy Guns Dance Theatre and Let’s Swing Dance’s Halloween Party on October 29, featuring performances from Toy Guns Dance Theatre, the Hit That Jive Dance Crew, and the Miss Behavin Chorus Girls, a swing dance lessons, prizes and more. Tickets are only $25 for non-students, $20 for students.
- The Malachite’s Shakespeare Sunday returns October 30 at the Citadel. This month they’ll be reading Pericles, Prince of Tyre.
- Workshop West has announced its 38th season and it looks awesome – check it out!
- Love the Fringe? They are looking for a Director of Patron Services! Applications are open until November 10, or until a suitable candidate is found.
- SkirtsAfire herArts Festival has a couple calls for submissions out right now:
- Stage Struck! is looking for playwrights and directors for their upcoming festival in April.
- Walterdale Theatre is looking for an Artistic Director for its 2017/2018 and 2018/2019 seasons! Exciting news, especially as the 2018/2019 season will be Walterdale’s 60th! Apply by December 5 if you’re interested.
- Not theatre or arts related, but I love Sharon Yeo’s recent blog looking back on 10 years of blogging about Edmonton’s food scene. It’s a great read if you love food, blogging, or both!