- Opening this week
- Hey Ladies! returns to The Roxy on Gateway October 21.
- Edmonton Opera’s Turandot runs October 22 – 27.
- The Citadel Theatre has had a busy start to their season – Million Dollar Quartet runs October 22 – November 13 in the Shoctor Theatre.
- Closing this week:
Red by John Logan runs at Walterdale Theatre until October 22.
- I had the chance to check out Red last week (the second production of this play I’ve seen) – here’s what I thought of the show!
- The University of Alberta Studio Theatre is running God’s Ear by Jenny Schwartz until October 22.
- Red by John Logan runs at Walterdale Theatre until October 22.
- Very exciting! Catalyst Theatre’s newest show, Fortune Falls, opens in Calgary October 18. Check out the trailer.
- Kristen has been busy writing – first about Bittergirl and Witness to a Conga and then about Red, as her husband Mark is playing the lead in the show. It’s fun to read her small peek behind the scenes into the preparations that have gone into the show!
- Northern Light Theatre’s season opener Sister, Sister kicks off October 27. Check out their most recent newsletter, where Trevor Schmidt interviews playwright Barbara Blumenthal-Ehrlich.
- Daryl Cloran recently spoke with Debbie MacLeod, Theatre Alberta’s Communications and Marketing Coordinator about what Edmontonians can expect from him at the helm of the Citadel.
- Finally – only a few more days to get your tickets to SkirtOberfest 2016 on October 22! SkirtOberfest is a fundraiser in support of SkirtsAfire herArts Festival. This year we’re doing a Bavarian theme, with sweet & savoury pretzels from Zwick’s Pretzels and two beer tastings from Situation Brewery! Tickets are $30 in advance, $40 at the door.