Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you’re spending this weekend with your friends, family, or just taking time for yourself.
- Opening this week:
- Closing this week:
- Congratulations to Jonathan Christensen, who has been shortlisted for the Siminovitch Prize in Theatre. The winner will be announced October 28.
- The call for submissions for the Black Arts Matter (BAM!) Festival , presented as part of Canoe 2017, closes October 14!
- Artist applications for the 2017 Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival are now open!
- The What It Is Podcast welcomes Daryl Cloran, the Citadel’s new Artistic Director, to Edmonton on their latest podcast.
- SkirtsAfire herArts Festival announced a new collaboration with Promise Productions for the 2017 festival – a family show titled The Remarkably True, Real Life Adventures of Callie Montgomery: Renaissance Girl, Ghost Ally and Modern Day Marvel by Ellen Chorley.
- In less local news, I love this article in the Globe and Mail that talks about the need for honest, informed critics in the theatre industry, and how Colin Thomas, recently fired from The Georgia Straight, did just that.