- Opening this week:
- City of Angels, presented by ELOPE Musical Theatre, runs May 4 – 14 in the auditorium at Campus St. Jean.
- Shadow Theatre’s production of David Belke’s Ten Times Two: The Eternal Courtship runs May 4 – 22 at The Backstage Theatre.
- On Saturday, May 7, Send in the Girls is putting on a one-night-only burlesque revue: Burlesque of the Ages where they will celebrate women of days gone by.
- Closing this week:
- Wish, a co-production between Northern Light Theatre and Good Women Dance Collective closes May 7.
- Check out What It Is Podcast’s Ep 101: Gorillas & Gordon, where they talk to peeps from Wish and Gordon.
- Freewill Shakespeare Festival’s latest newsletter is full of all kinds of goodies like the company’s look for the 2016 festival and recognition of longtime volunteer Dr. Sue Quon.
- The Citadel’s West Side Story has been getting rave reviews, like this one from the Journal!
- You have one more week to donate to the @tension Kickstarter campaign in case you forgot to last week.
- Don’t forget about The Carrot Community Arts House’s Ultimate Garage Sale on May 7. Donations can be dropped off at The Carrot May 4 – 6. All proceeds will benefit community events produced by Arts on the Ave (like Kaleido and Byzantine Winter Festival).
- Have an idea for a one day project that you’d like to turn into a reality? Make Something Edmonton has launched its 100in1Day project, that will celebrate the power of small projects to make a big change in our city. All projects will take place on June 4. Check out their website to apply to be part of the project or just see what everyone else is up to.
- Love yoga and theatre? Check out this Walterdale workshop on May 28:
— Walterdale Theatre (@WalterdalePlays) April 28, 2016