- Opening this week:
- Boom! kicks off the Citadel’s 50th season and runs September 19 – October 11.
- Theatre Network announced a full season 41 earlier this summer, and I had the chance to catch up with Artistic Director Bradley Moss to get the low-down on Theatre Network’s temporary home, the season ahead, and an update on their progress towards rebuilding the Roxy. Check it out.
- Theatre Alberta’s 2015-2016 playbill is out! Check out either the playbill search or the PDF on their website!
- This is a few weeks late, but it sounds like Battle for the Limelight 2015 was another huge success – way to go, Northern Light Theatre and all participating teams!
- Speaking of success… Theatre Alberta’s Blue Bag Book Club is out of blue bags! They’re hinting it may return later this season… here’s hoping!
- One of my favourite events of the year – Alberta Culture Days – is coming up on September 25- 27 and programming announcements are starting to roll out. Check out the full list of events at culture.alberta.ca/culturedays
- It looks like the Edmonton Galleria Project has a full-day lineup of activities taking place at the south parking lot of the EPCOR Tower.
- The Citadel Theatre is hosting an indoor street party at 7:30 on September 26.
- The Winspear Centre for Music and Pro Coro Canada are partnering to present Sun & Moon and Stars at 2:30 on September 27. Reserve your free tickets by calling the Winspear Box Office at 780.428.1414.
- The Freewill Shakespeare Festival announced the ShakesBeere Pub Night, September 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Sherlock Holmes Campus (8519 112 street). Your $20 ticket includes a beer and appetizers.
- Many of you know I’m on the board of SkirtsAfire – a festival that showcases and supports women in the arts. Tickets are now on sale for our fall fundraiser – SkirtOberfest. The event will feature music, art, tacos, and tequila and sold out last year! I’m on the organizing committee, and can honestly say that it will be a great night out that doesn’t really feel like a “fundraiser” (although we will have a kick-ass silent auction!). Get your tickets now!
- You’ve got 1 day left to submit your new, 1 act script to Walterdale Theatre’s From Cradle to Stage competition, in which the selected playwrights receive the opportunity to work with a dramaturg and see their play produced on Walterdale’s stage in May. The submission deadline is midnight September 15.
- The Citadel Theatre is starting off its 50th season with new signage:
We welcome the 50th Anniversary Season with a new sign! #yegtheatre #Citadel50 http://t.co/eW40krkSX3 pic.twitter.com/A4Fd6S7ZY4
— Citadel Theatre YEG (@citadeltheatre) September 11, 2015
There is one comment
[…] such as Canoe, Found Festival and NextFest. She also keeps regular track of the scene in her Edmonton downstage feature, and her hard work has been rewarded by The Yeggies, Edmonton’s new media […]