- Opening this week:
- Boom! kicks off the Citadel’s 50th season and runs September 19 – October 11.
- Theatre Network announced a full season 41 earlier this summer, and I had the chance to catch up with Artistic Director Bradley Moss to get the low-down on Theatre Network’s temporary home, the season ahead, and an update on their progress towards rebuilding the Roxy. Check it out.
- Theatre Alberta’s 2015-2016 playbill is out! Check out either the playbill search or the PDF on their website!
- This is a few weeks late, but it sounds like Battle for the Limelight 2015 was another huge success – way to go, Northern Light Theatre and all participating teams!
- Speaking of success… Theatre Alberta’s Blue Bag Book Club is out of blue bags! They’re hinting it may return later this season… here’s hoping!
- One of my favourite events of the year – Alberta Culture Days – is coming up on September 25- 27 and programming announcements are starting to roll out. Check out the full list of events at culture.alberta.ca/culturedays
- It looks like the Edmonton Galleria Project has a full-day lineup of activities taking place at the south parking lot of the EPCOR Tower.
- The Citadel Theatre is hosting an indoor street party at 7:30 on September 26.
- The Winspear Centre for Music and Pro Coro Canada are partnering to present Sun & Moon and Stars at 2:30 on September 27. Reserve your free tickets by calling the Winspear Box Office at 780.428.1414.
- The Freewill Shakespeare Festival announced the ShakesBeere Pub Night, September 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Sherlock Holmes Campus (8519 112 street). Your $20 ticket includes a beer and appetizers.
- Many of you know I’m on the board of SkirtsAfire – a festival that showcases and supports women in the arts. Tickets are now on sale for our fall fundraiser – SkirtOberfest. The event will feature music, art, tacos, and tequila and sold out last year! I’m on the organizing committee, and can honestly say that it will be a great night out that doesn’t really feel like a “fundraiser” (although we will have a kick-ass silent auction!). Get your tickets now!
- You’ve got 1 day left to submit your new, 1 act script to Walterdale Theatre’s From Cradle to Stage competition, in which the selected playwrights receive the opportunity to work with a dramaturg and see their play produced on Walterdale’s stage in May. The submission deadline is midnight September 15.
- The Citadel Theatre is starting off its 50th season with new signage:
— Citadel Theatre YEG (@citadeltheatre) September 11, 2015