After a break for most of August (while I previewed 77 Edmonton Fringe shows), Edmonton downstage is back!
- Opening this week:
- Of Love and Wheat – “an allegorical re-telling of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet with a Faustian twist.” – showing at Muttart Storage (a warehouse that’s scheduled to be demolished at 10930 84 street) September 4 – 6 at 8:00 p.m. and September 7 at 2:30. Tickets are pay-what-you-can in cash at the door.
- If you’re nostalgic for fringe already, you can read & listen to these awesome social meedia peeps who documented this year’s Fringe:
- The What It Is Podcast who did EIGHT episodes of interviews with Fringe artists
- Kristen (AKA Finster Finds) who caught shows and did her word of mouth series (asking people in line what shows they’d recommend) in between being in and producing two shows
- And for a cringe-worthy look back at fringe, Mike Ross recounts some poorly-behaved audiences.