- Opening this week
- Jane Eyre, the Musical (Nov.18 – 19)
- Prairie Bowl Improv Festival (Nov. 20 – 22)
- The Laramie Project (Nov. 20 – 29)
- Space // Space (Nov. 20 – 29)
- Closing this week:
- One Man, Two Guvnors (Nov. 16)
- Sequence (Nov. 16)
- Orests 2.0 (Nov. 16)
- The Gravitational Pull of Bernice Trimble (Nov. 23)
- Elephant Wake officially opened last Friday. Check out my preview interview with creator and performer, Joey Tremblay, or my review of the show. Mark your calendar – industry night (including a panel discussion after the show) is November 24.
- Not only did Catalyst Theatre’s Elephant Wake open this weekend, they also announced in 2015 they’ll be the company-in-residence at the Citadel’s Maclab Theatre.
- Kristen has been busy blogging! Check out her thoughts on The Gravitational Pull of Bernice Trimble at Theatre Network, Shadow Theatre’s Sequence, and One Man, Two Guvnors at the Citadel.
- Emphemeral Pleasures also shared thoughts on The Gravitational Pull of Bernice Trimble and Sequence.
- Have you checked out TheatreWiki yet? It’s a wiki all about Canadian performing arts.
- Walterdale Theatre announced the cast of Jeffery, which goes up in February.
- Walterdale is also looking for a 2015 – 2017 Artistic Director. Applications due November 20.
- With last week’s cold weather, NextFest may feel far away, but this ought to make it seem closer: NextFest Arts Company is holding auditions for the upcoming 20th Anniversary NextFest Showcase! Auditions are November 24.
- The What it is Podcast posted Episodes 58: Space Slash Slash Space, with guests Nadien Chu, Trevor Duplessis and Trevor Schmidt from Northern Light Theatre’s upcoming Space//Space and Lindsey Walker.
- Also… I love this tweet
If the Edmonton theatre community doesn’t slap you in the face with how amazing it is, you are seeing the wrong shows. #yegtheatre
— abisnail (@a_troppmann) November 16, 2014