- John Richardson shared his thoughts on the Edmonton Galleria Project on his blog Behind the Hedge and why we might want to stop using the term “world class”.
- The Freewill Shakespeare Festival wrapped up it’s 26 season on Sunday.
Thank you #YEG! You are amazing! Our move indoors was a large challenge, but you made this season an awesome, fun success. Thank you!
— Freewill Shakespeare (@FreewillPlayers) July 28, 2014
- Northern Light Theatre is challenging you to compete in the Battle for the Limelight for the chance to win (the trophy) The Golden Handjob
- SkirtsAfire festival (which I am a board member of) announced its headliner performance, The Mothers by Nicole Moeller. The show will run February 26 – March 8, overlapping with the festival March 4 – 8.
- MacEwan announced its upcoming 2014/2015 theatre season: Catch Me if You Can, Big Fish, and Sondheim on Sondheim
- So did the University of Alberta Studio Theatre, whose season will show: The Violet Hour, Loveplay, Blavatsky’s Tower, The Threepenny Opera, A Dream Play, and Tribes
- Liz wrote about the Citadel Theatre’s Beyond the Stage series for 2014/2015
- Kristen Finlay previewed the Fringe show Thom Pain on the Walterdale blog
- Don’t forget – Edmonton Fringe Festival tickets go on sale August 5!
As for me, I’m continuing to do written interviews to preview as many Edmonton Fringe performances as possible. I’ll begin publishing previews August 1st. Have a show you want previewed? Send me your press release at email@example.com